Saturday, June 4, 2011

Who Woulda Thunk

Who would've thought that adopting a healthy, physically active lifestyle would instill some domestication in this broad?!?! I'm not the most domestic person. I don't bake. I don't cook much of anything except a pretty mean bowl of cereal or gouda and egg breakfast sandwich. I'm still perfecting my spaghetti. I blame my home economics teacher in 7th grade, Mrs. Bowman. She was your typical home economics teacher-elderly, button-up 'little-house-on-the-prairie' style dresses that stopped mid-calf revealing her ashy-brown pantyhose and black, thick-soled loafers. Her hair was poofy, she had caked make-up and she always had a sour pout. However, what I remember most was her voice-deep and monotone. And when she spoke, she had that shaky-head thing going on. Her facial expression was, well, not very expressive, almost stark. So needless to say my first experience in the world of domestication was not the most appealing and I've carried that with me all the way through adulthood...like when I ordered Byerly's pre-cooked dinner when I hosted my first family Thanksgiving, serving utensils and all. And yes...I took the credit on how delicious it was.

Tonight, I'm happy to say that I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and baked!! I found this recipe for Lemon Protein bars from one of my favorite bodybuilders, Jamie Eason, on bodybuilding.com. They turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself! Definitely satisfies my sweet tooth and at 43 calories per bar I don't mind if I do!
I could get used to this baking thing. Next up are her sugarfree pumpkin spice pancakes...once I can find canned, raw pumpkin (not the pie mix).


No comments:

Post a Comment