Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CrossFit...Helloooo Humility

You see, the thing about constantly acheiving new goals when working out, is your self-confidence has the tendency to reach new heights too. Now that *can* be a good thing, as long as you are aware of potential disappointment when that self confidence is put into practice. For example, if you walk into a CrossFit gym thinking its going to be another day in your group exercise class, humility will hit you harder than a kettlebell hurled at your face.
I am learning that humility can be the difference between personal success and failure. Accepting one's weaknesses and vulnerabilites is necessary before you can ever truly be successful...in anything. You have to be aware of your weaknesses before you really surpass them. Once you identify those weaknesses, that's where you can focus your discipline. I have this one body and I need to learn how to use it.
It's just a hunch but I don't think evolution had this in mind...









I'm going to check out the CrossFit gym near my house next weekend (I work this weekend). I know I said a good sweat everyday is good for you, but I suppose a little humility won't hurt. But seriously, I'm nervous. I think I have a pretty good idea as to how fit I am, but this CrossFit gig could destroy that and then all I'm left with...is a whole lot of humility I guess. The closest I've ever gotten to a kettlebell was picking one up off the shelf at Target one day and GLADLY putting it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment