Thursday, May 19, 2011

Awkward but obligatory introduction.

This blog is really just my attempt to manifest my new found obsession with fitness in a healthy way. I've been working out irregularly for a couple years but have only recently taken it more seriously. Oddly enough, I'm not forcing myself to take it seriously. I have actually come to like working out. Anticipating the next time I get to break out in a good, shirt-soaking sweat. Excited to discover new weaknesses (the ball plank is not a good look for me right now) and strengths (like when my heart rate reaches 192-my VO2 max).
While I am also learning so many new things, I also feel like I am hitting a plateau. So this blog will help me track progress, serve as a reference when I need it and hold me accountable. It's really for me but feel free to follow along if you'd like!
I guess if you're still reading, I assume you're fairly interested so I'll explain a bit about myself. I'm 28, going back to school in the fall for radiology to become a CT and interventional technologist. I did ponder medical school for a long time but ultimately decided on technologist because, quite frankly, I'm not a people person and the technology fascinates me! I want to be the one in the driver's seat of these magnificent machines that can diagnose and treat. In my opinion, it is the most relevant, complex technology to date that is significant to the well-being of, well, life. Going to school for radiology technology also allows me time to focus on my aspirations to reach optimal physical fitness.
What I expect to add to this blog is anything that has to do with my current fitness routine and goals; running, weightlifting, nutrition, equipment, apparel and of course music! Of course you may be subjected to an occasional, idiosyncratic musing, and yes...maybe a picture or two. It's not that I mind posting pictures, I just need to get some that are relevant to this blog. I'll have to dig up some oldie-but-goody 'before' picks for y'alls.
So, for now, Hi! and I hope this blog offers you some motivation, information or just some mere entertainment...for when you're REALLY bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment